Business Visa Requirements
A business visa for Laos is issued to a foreign citizen who wishes to work or invest in Laos. Laos Business visas are granted to foreign investors, stockholders, enterprise directors, deputy directors, technical officers, volunteers for non-governmental organizations, staff members of Diplomatic Missions, General Consulates, the United Nations Agencies and other international organizations.
Based on the type of employment and projects, Laos issues different types of work visas to foreigners who wish to further their career or work in the country. Some of the Laos work visas available include:Business visas for Laos are issued foreigners who want to work or invest in Laos.
The Business visas are designed for foreign investors, stockholders, enterprise directors, deputy directors, technical officers, volunteers for non-governmental organizations, staff members of Diplomatic Missions, General Consulates, the United Nations Agencies and other international organizations.
Depending on the sector in which the applicant works as well as the type of project, Laos immigration will issue different work visas.
Laos work visas available include:
- Expert Visa (E-B2) for foreign workers employed in international organizations or non-government organizations.
- Investor Visa (NI-B2) for foreign nationals investing in an enterprise registered in Laos.
- Labor Visa (LA-B2) for foreign nationals working in Laos on a fixed employment contract.
The foreign affairs department is the one in charge of granting the business visas. Indeed, there is another list of visas available for Laos depending on the business purposes:.
In June 2019, the electronic Laos Visa will be launched.
It is to be noted that during the launching period, the evisa Laos will be available for tourism purposes only. Most probably the Business eVisa Laos will be launched afterwards.
Actually, to be able to have a business visa, it is mandatory for applicants to make their application by going to a consulate or embassy.
Applying for a business visa Laos?
The type of business of the applicant, as well as the economic sector in which he is will determine the type of business visa he needs.
The are several Laos business visas available and applicants should make sure that they have a valid passport before doing their application.
Afterwards, they will have to complete an application form with their personal details. This process must be made through a Laos consulate or embassy.
The work visas for single entry or multiple entry. Multiple entry visas for Laos are for a period of three months, six months or one year.
When must the applicant do his application?
The processing time is not always the same, depending of the countries as well as the visa types. Kindly do your application as per the Laos embassy or consulate requirements.
The e-Visa Laos, will simplify the process with its launching in June 2019.
The documents needed to apply for a Laos work visa?
The documents needed for a work visa are as follows:
- Original, signed passport valid for six months beyond the stay in Laos. A blank passport page is necessary for a Laos visa stamp.? Original, signed passport valid for six months beyond the stay in Laos. A blank passport page is necessary for a Laos visa stamp.
- A completed and signed Laos application form.
- A recent (taken within the last 6 months) passport photograph in color and with a plain and light background.
- A business cover letter that can be either from the employer or sponsoring company. The Laos Embassy or consulate required an official business letter to support a Laos business visa application.
- Proof of travel arrangements such as the flight itinerary indicating the entry and departure dates from Laos.
A work visa are usually done by a sponsor company in Laos. The Embassy or Consulate will wait the go ahead of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vientiane before issuing of the business visa.